Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Found another G60

As some of you know, my last G60 only lasted 4 days before some silly bint crashed into me. Well today went to look at another one and I am going to buy it for the very reasonable price of £2000.

Paintwork wise the Metallic Atlas grey is ok, its got a few stone chips and some slight laquer peel and odd scratch. However, the car is straight and am sure that at some point it can be given a spruce up.

The gearbox is a lot smoother than my last one, the steering more precise and it is also lowered slightly. The wheels are standard Corrado G60 BBS.

The engine is really smooth running, in sept 03 Awesome did £3600 worth of work on the engine and chassis. The head has a piper cam and is fully rebuilt, the charger was a second hand unit (presume that they might have reconditioned it though this is not conclusive) and they have fitted a G-Force chip and pulley.

Although i know the car is not running at its full potential, it feels like its not running at WOT when you press the laughing pedal. I am sure that i will get to the bottom of it though fairly quickly with spares from the blue car.

So a show car its not, but it will be good car with a bit of TLC and of course there is that rare leather interior.

Nice one - didn't take too long to get another.

Bad running could be something as simple as a faulty blue temp sender of damaged vacuum hose.

Yeah thats what i thought, i will be swapping bits over from the other one to find a cure. I would not say bad running as it ticked over nice and smooth, but the power just did not seem there. Should be an easy fix as long as i cover all angles, and i will be probably swapping over the jabba G-lader and SNS chipped ECU anyway.

Right well picked it up today. My obvious initial concern was the lack of power. My brothers Mk2 2.0l 8v was whipping my arse on the way back.

Got it back and found the problem, i was right in my earlier assessment in that i was not getting full throttle. The plastic clip on the the throttle body had been broken at some point and basically the cable was connected by a bodge basically consisting of a tie clip. Well have swapped the whole throttle body off the other car (i was just going to swap the arm, but broke the stud off so had to do the whole thing.) Anyway, now its running at more like its potential, though i do have a fluctuating revs issue which i now need to look at.

I am chuffed as this is the full spec:

Gforce pulley and Chip

Piper cam and rebuilt head

Militec Stainless system

Cat bypass

Panel filter

Koni adjustables (bonus, had not spotted these on the viewing)

My plan is to swap over the Jabba stage 4 charger, sns chip and fit an RSR outlet when it arrives from Germany. I will also put on the 5 spokes and swap over the Eibach springs at some stage. I am also buying some BBS RC's too.

Long term I will prob look at a respray as there are a few stone chips. But for £2k i have done ok i think.

Well part of it says 2nd hand charger @ £1000 plus VAt, sounds like the chap was done but basically the engine has had a minor rebuild for that money too and of course the piper cam aint cheap.