Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Corrado g60 0-60 ??

According to the godly magazine... :-) MAX POWER.... The 0-60 for a corrado g60 is 8.9 seconds! i didnt think they where that slow when standard?? then again i suppose 90% of the people with g60s sort the charger out anyway which helps...

The 0-60 time does make the G60 sound slow, but its been widely agreed that the G60 isn't much of a 'traffic light grand-prix' car - it makes up for it whilst rolling though :)

book time is 7.1 so.. god knows what max power doing... making tea @ the same time by the sounds of things!

The dam chavs(max power) need to take there tests again and learn they have to push the gas down for the car to move! :lol:

Depends what book you read G60Dub - have often seen the G60 @ 8 seconds or more in various reputable mags! Its just not a good car off the mark..

Yeah but the manufacturers 0-60 times are always going to be the very best they have managed to get out of the car, in optimal driving conditions.. I will flick through my book of Corrado road tests shortly and see what kinds of times they recorded! ;)

8.9 in the only UK G60 road test in my little Brooklands Corrado book of road test reprints....

Yeah but the manufacturers 0-60 times are always going to be the very best they have managed to get out of the car, in optimal driving conditions
Not usually with VW - they test cars with 1/2 tank of fuel & ballast in the passengers seat equal to the weight of a passenger.. :shock:

0-60 means naff all in the real world

You're right...now 0-140 is a different matter! 12.12 seconds on an R1.....according to Fast Bikes mag. Or how about 60-120 in under five seconds.

Cars (with a few exceptions!) aren't for going fast - they're for putting the shopping in.

Cars (with a few exceptions!) aren't for going fast - they're for putting the shopping in.
& keeping warm/dry when it's raining.. :roll:

Sorry bcstudent - I dont have a problem with bikers, but quite honestly you'll never win a 'bikes are better' argument on here. I know that lots of bikes will eat performance cars for breakfast dinner and tea all at once, but I still know what i'd MUCH rather have :)

and generally staying more alive when you have a crash. :roll:

Have to agree 0-60 is very meaningless figure. I know VAG are very conservative with there figures eg the Ibiza TDI 130 has recorded 0-60 times over a second quicker in some road tests, and I know the Clio Cup has also done 0-60 in the very low 6s when the official time is 6.8. I love bikes and have had the pleasure of riding the R1, but I would only own one as a toy. For me, cars will always be cooler, like has been said, you are warm and dry, you can enjoy music and chat with your friends etc, thats where the bike loses.

being that we all have modded G60's I dont think we should be talking about the stock times being that ours are all much quicker, with the exception of mine because my distributor is smoked. I believe we can all say that with the basic mods such as pulley, chip, FPR, tubes, cam, what have you, we all probably have sub 7 second 0-60 times, I know mine was something like 6.2 at the track when th car was running right. we all have different time according to mods, more mods, faster 0-60 in most cases.

and generally staying more alive when you have a crash. :roll:

I'm just messin' people - a car is a must have item these days and what better than a Corrado? Nothing (for the same money at least)! The bike is definitely just a toy....but what a toy.

As for the comment about the crashing....having spent some time stuck in a Golf GTi upside down in a ditch in the dark with a hot engine and a smell of fuel, I think I'll take my chances on the bike. Being stuck in a crashed car is NOT my idea of a good time and I'm not planning to repeat it....ever.

and the people that say they know what they'd rather have... have they evr been on a bike?

and i mean a proper sports bike be it a yama haha R 6/1 Honda's CBR's Suzuki's Gixxer's ?

im guessing no. but a bike being driven properly is one of the biggest adrenaline rush's you'll ever experience and i for one love everything about bikes.

im not sayin bikes are for everyone but no poin slating them til you've been on one cause it could completly change your mind.

Like BC student says,t here not practical and the car is essential, thats why nikes have to be looked at the way there meant. sheer indulgence :lol:

I bet a lot of Superbikes are cheaper to run than my C! lol, but, you have a crash doing some speed on a bike and it's instant death, atleast in a car you have a chance. I've also been on the new KTM, wow, it's bloody amazing!