Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

Carbon canister relocation with CAI

Just installed my CAI, and had been pondering at some length where to relocate the CC. After a bit of a poke around in the engine bay, I found by far the best solution is to relocate it under the MAF. It fits perfectly underneath, and I just cable-tied it into position nest to the driver's side strut. Took about 2 minutes :D

Storm, afraid I don't have a dig camera- I'll try to borrow one.

Kev, yeh, doesn't seem to happen very often so nice when it does! :)

Erm, sorry to dig this up but what did you cable tie it to? Have you got a digi cam yet? It being more than 1 year on from the last post? :p

Hahahaha, WOOHOO!!!

I always use the search, but sometimes either I cant search or it doesnt bring up what I need it to.

Anyway, how many gold stars before I get a crown?

is it sitting horizontally, or vertically? I was under the impression, that it wont work properly if not seated upright.

Dr Forinor, as it's soooo long ago, and that car is long gone, I can't remember what I cable tied it too! Just have a look around in that vicinity- it may have been one of those hook things that the airbox is attached to.

vdubjb, it was horizontal. Didn't have any probs with it.

that was exactly where i put mine when i had my carboini installed, it was there for 3 months with no problems at all, gotta put my standard airbox on though, the K&N is making me deaf,,

Thanks KADVR6, that's pretty much where mine was, although I think mine was pushed slightly further back under the MAF.

But thats the thing, I was thinking of putting it there too but then I couldnt figure out what to cable tie it to, maybe I just wasnt lookin hard enough?