Sign in to follow this  
Neil L.

Centre dash panel

Does anyone know if the centre dash panel is still available from VW - the one that includes the fan switches and ICE cutout etc - if so how much?

I tried to get one last summer. I ordered it from VW for around £97 (or was it £91?) VAT inclusive, but they later phoned to say it has been discontinued.

I agree that second-hand is the way to go.

£150! I need one really as some previous owner snapped the bit of plastic above the heater panel that holds the stereo....but I think I'll live with it at that price!

thinking I may have got the price wrong, as I also enquired about the heater control panel at the same time. So I think the control was £149 and the plastic was £97. Sorry to confuse.

there was an early one in my local scrappy last weekend i will have a look tomorrow and find out how much he wants if its still there.

i bought a spare one from there a couple of months ago for a tenner but im keeping that for when/if i ever sell the car as mine is converted to take two headunits the snooper and the ps2 ports :)

thinking I may have got the price wrong, as I also enquired about the heater control panel at the same time. So I think the control was £149 and the plastic was £97. Sorry to confuse.
So lets get this straight. The fan controls with plastic knobs etc is £149? The plastic panel surround(includes vents?ashtray? or anything else?) is £97 - Correct? :?

Correct.

Not sure what the plastic panel surround includes, would think nothing.

late one was discontinued in 2002. I tried to buy one in july.

Tried today to buy the late type centre dash panel for my VR from VW - they told me it was discontinued in 2002 (as A20 LEE said) but the bloke wasnt' very convinced when i told him there was an old type and new type panel - he told me there was only one type :nono: anyway! Has anyone got the part no. for the late type panel (or early type)? :brickwall:

There is definately a new type and early type centre section, the slider heater controls are about an inch narrower than the rotory heater controls and the ashtrays are the opposite to make up for the difference.

Cheers, Dennis

I,ve got to pick up my suspention top plates tommorrow and try this guy again with the same question! Does anyone know any (old / new) part numbers so i can confuse him more :evil: :evil: :evil: