Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

power steering rack

Got a 90 corrado and am having leakage problems with the power steering, probably blown seals and I have a lot of them its just I am wondering how much and what other cars have the same power steering rack as a corrado if any, also is there somewhere where I can order one with a tighet steering ratio, corrados are 16:1 stock looking for about 14:1. Thanks

also maybe you guys can help me fix the problem. I have a leak on the drivers side of the rack, it really leaks when I have the wheel turned all the way to the left. kinda drops a ton of fluid. still steers fine just leaks.

I thought steering ratios were quoted as lock-to-lock? I think the Corrado is 3.5 turns L to L. Or do you mean the pinion spins 16 times to push the rack from one end of the rack to the other?

I think all C's use the same rack don't they? Or is it just the VR ones that are different?

On the leak, sounds like the seals are gone. Not much you can do about that unfortunately. Rack will have to come off.

anyone know of any aftermarket racks that are 2.5 lock to lock or 3 lock to lock? if I have to replace the rack I may as well get a snazzy one. =-)