Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

Corrado in the Daily Mirror today P:59

Richard Hammond (top gear) has a review of what he calls the best 6 "Super Coupe's"

Fiat coupe

406 coupe

Alfa GTV

BMW 3 series coupe

Hyundai Coupe

HE gives a review of each but i wont bother!

"Crazy about the corrado"

Vw CORRADO

Prices: £2500-£6000

"fifteen years after first appearing, the VW Corrado still stands out as a very cool car. It looks mean and moody and is best in dark colours.

There are many reasons to consider it - VW reliability, a platform based on the MK 2 Golf and engines including a 2l 8v and more sprightly 2l 16v and a fabulous 2.9l V6

The supercharged G60 is very exciting but the supercharger must be overhauled every 60k miles, so chech that service history.

Ok this has some points i am sur we will fight over, reliability being one, looking best in dark colours the other! But its good to see the car is still loved 10 years after its "death", although we always kne old Hammond liked the rado!

They are quite reliable....they run a bit doggy from time to time but mine has always started first turn of the key for the 2 years I've had it, and it's used daily. I've replaced a lot of stuff because I'm a fussy git. Nothing has actually fallen off in my hand and I've never been left stranded by the side of the road, except when I ran out of petrol once!

I think they do look better in dark colours, so I agree with the Hammond Organ there, well, except Ice grey of course :D

Agreed, glad to see a car that ceased production 10 years ago is still fondly remembered. VW, take note....

mine has always started first turn of the key for the 2 years I've had it

Kiss of death - you wait 'til tomorrow morning!