Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Champion HT leads... Are they any good?

Hello, my VR6 is suffering with a slight misfire as low revs. My mate was really keen to help me out with 'cheap' parts from a shop he works at. He has got me a set of Champion HT leads for a very good price but I haven't had time to fit them yet. Are they any good?

I'm not that bothered about having VW ones that will break the bank or super high performance items - I just want my engine to purr....

The Champion range is ok, there are better but like you say.... you dont want to break the bank.

I would put a new set of plugs in it as well, always good to have new leads and plugs!! You will be fine with them.

Just for future reference, I used the lead set from German and Sweedish and I know they are much cheaper than VW's prices.

Indeed.. I bought some Hella ones from GSF.. as far as I know, they seemed to be ok and they cost peanuts.

Though its worth mentioning that there was no way of getting the Ignition Reference Sensor attached to these leads.. its a sensor used to help the ECU detect knock. I believe it was a 2 litre/16v only thing though shouldn't matter too much with the VR.

I don't know about any good but there no exactly cool, fashionable. I'm sure if my dad was building a classic car he would go for champion.

jims16v, Love the new avatar!!!

CaiosG60 PWR.. thanks :D

Figured I couldn't really keep that picture of a car that I didn't own up there for much longer. Spotted this one on another forum and thought it was suitably pinchable :D