Sign in to follow this  
willwoll100

Corrado front grill (1994)

Just took my front grill off the VR6 to spray it all up in mat black and noticed that out of the 3 slats only the top one allows air through. Now is it just me or is that just plain stupid? And also there's a place for what looks like a VR6 badge that could be housed on the right side of the grill, did all VR6 grills have badges or just the later ones?

Cheers

Yeah my Vr6 came with the grille with the two slats closed, seemed a bit stupid too me, specially for that hot engine. Bought a new grill from GPC and all the slats were open.

All the grills have the bit for a badge to fit on as i think all vr6's came with a grill badge.

Yeah I had to open my grill out with a dremel to allow air to hit the Mocal cooler. I later bought a GPC one as per Gareth and for some curious reason they're open, and a genuine part. VW....eh?

Maybe they closed the factory grilles deliberately to make them run hotter and therefore need a rebuild sooner? He he, that was far too cynical for a Monday!

I always thought that VW proably blocked the top 2 to stop pikeys putting their hands through to pull on the bonnet release cable..

Even though they could just yank the grille off if they wanted :roll:

I bought a new grille from GPC recently - all slats open - but I havent seen any change in my engine temps :?