Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigneil

Getting rid of the green stuff from the winter

I was looking at a few products for removing the green stuff (moss?) on the door window rubbers and the sunroof trim. Anyone know of any good stuff to use?

It's the part that touches the exterior side of the door windows, so don't want to attack it with something too strong incase it ruins the seal.

Cheers

I'm sure I read on here before that unmixed car shampoo and a toothbrush will take it out nicely..

Cheers Jim and Musicman, I thought I'd it somewhere to but couldn't find it. I saw some advert about this product that removes dirt, moss, rust etc from just spraying it on. Can't remember the name but thought it must be very powerful to remove rust so wasn't going to risk it on rubber

JimsG60 is right - toothbrush and some liquid soap is best, small amount of elbow grease and voila all clean.

hell, i just used a toothbrush and plain ol water, and it did the job, take some time and do the sunroof too, but dont press to hard or you'll push the seal through!!!