Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

6month old boge turbo's cant be knackered allready can they?

within the last 12 months i have changed pretty much the whole front suspension set-up including all front bushes, top mounts, dampers bottom wishbones and bottom balljoints and also all three engine mounts and all have been changed using VAG parts but i have not yet changed the track rod ends or anti roll bar bushes.

recently with the wet weather if i accellerate quite hard and the tyres loose a bit of traction the wheels sometimes start to bounce or judder also if i am accelerating up the steep hill towards my house and catch a metal grid it feels like a heavy knock through the car as it looses traction could this be knackered cv joints as i have not changed any and cant find any record of them being done in the cars very long service history

any ideas ?

Likely be worn CV joints - I changed all 4 on my G60 and it felt much better.

Change the outer anti roll bar bushes/links as well - they're fairly cheap & will be quite worn if they're still the original ones.

Change the outer anti roll bar bushes/links as well - they're fairly cheap & will be quite worn if they're still the original ones.

abt £35 each from VAG :shock:

abt £35 each from VAG :shock:

Guess where I bought mine.. :wink:

the wheels sometimes start to bounce or judder

i some times get a bit of that coupled with my pulling to one side when on the power problem which is getting really annoying now is there any way of checking the cv joints as its gonna be a £200 job to replace them :p on the up side cv's are the easiest thing to replace in the drivetrain and suspension!

:D