Rustynuts

Light Steering on G60

My new G60 has very light steering (even when i put my 17" alloys on). I am guessing that at some point the pump has been changed and perhaps a smaller pulley put on. Having not checked this yet its speculation. Does anyone else agree that this is prob the case or could there be other reasons for it?

Cheers

Rob

It steers in and out of corners ok. It just has less feel, when I am parking etc its very easy to turn the wheel (unlike my Mk2 Golf Gti that has very heavy power steering for a Golf) and am sure its to do with the pulley size amongst other things. Think i need to get under both my C's tomorrow with the tape measure.

Think yourself lucky - my PS pump is knackered and I have no PS until the fluid thins out a bit. In this weather that can take 10 miles. Really should sort that.

Hi just wondering did you ever get to the bottom of the issue as I have just bought a G60 and the steering is too light, it corners well etc but its just to light.

Regards Richard...........