Sign in to follow this  
badlad1888

Engine mount

Just got my 92 rado g60 back on the road, it has become apparent that i have a shot engine mount at the front off the engine. i was just about to splash out on a manifold+exhuast for the car, but my mate thinks that by replacing the mount with a standard one that i would increase the chances off damaging the manifold. is this true? and what should i do?

The car is modded on the sensible side, pulley, chip, filter, uprated charger, forged pistons and cam. trying to get a solid 200bhp. think i will spend the extra!

My knowledge is limited about these sorts of things but... i have the same problem, i got a 2l 16v and the front engine mount is knackered my mechanic checked with vw and they want 100.00 and GSF want 37.50 what should i do? could a cheap one have bad effect on things

cheers

A lot of GSF parts are genuine without the VW badge.

Although if you wanted a genuine mount for less money I have one in my garage. It is unused in the box. PM if you are interested.

Gavin

A lot of GSF parts are genuine without the VW badge.

Although if you wanted a genuine mount for less money I have one in my garage. It is unused in the box. PM if you are interested.

Gavin

PM sent

I keep stock of the JMR Alloy front engine mounts to suit both G60 and 16V Corrado and Golf. I offer these mounts for £70 plus £5 P&P, all enquiries are wellcome.