Sign in to follow this  
ANDY16V

anoying dents etc

my c hasn't got too many dings and scrapes but they are annoying me and i'm thinkin deal with them now less hassle in the future. basically i've got a dent on o/s front wheel arch and the paint has started to split , also rust bubbles protruding from under a seal on n/s rear window and a couple of dings bellow tailgate. whats the best thing to do? i'm located in cornwall and dont know of any decent body repairers, is there a company called dent master that will do it?? i really need peoples help here

cheers

Have heard various opinions of dent master repairers... apparently these repairs look ok for a month or 2 (long enough if you're trying to sell it) but after that the paint tends to deteriorate and rust can come back!

I've not used them myself so am not speaking from experience but if this is true then it would seem that the only effective way to do it is to do it properly through a body shop...

Good luck getting it sorted

Have heard various opinions of dent master repairers... apparently these repairs look ok for a month or 2 (long enough if you're trying to sell it) but after that the paint tends to deteriorate and rust can come back!

I've not used them myself so am not speaking from experience but if this is true then it would seem that the only effective way to do it is to do it properly through a body shop...

Good luck getting it sorted

cheers bud, thought as much with the old dent master suggestion, if anyone could recommend a decent bodyshop in the southwest region/cornwall it would be much appreciated :)

Andy, I'll have a word with my mate. I am sure he had some paint done when we worked down there. Not a bad job I thought.

Gavin

Andy, my mate got his Golf painted at a place in Newquay called Springfields. Round the back of what used to be Fosters nightclub on the seafront. He said that even 5 years later it was in good condition and non of teh rust he had treated had come back.

The other place he said is near to Truro. If you know the name Steve Whitford of mag features galore. He/his dad has a bodyshop but I expect it will be pretty big money.

Cheers

Gavin

Andy, my mate got his Golf painted at a place in Newquay called Springfields. Round the back of what used to be Fosters nightclub on the seafront. He said that even 5 years later it was in good condition and non of teh rust he had treated had come back.

The other place he said is near to Truro. If you know the name Steve Whitford of mag features galore. He/his dad has a bodyshop but I expect it will be pretty big money.

Cheers

Gavin

nice one chief, i'll definately look into that, i know newquay well so i know exactly where you mean, always nice to have a recomendation, gona check those out on monday

thanks once again

andy

If you have rust bubbles then the only way to ever have it properly/permanently fixed is to have the metal cut out and replaced or replace the whole part.

Most car body shops won't do this. Look up classic car restoration in your yellow pages if you want it done right.

It was back in 95 but you can always check their work out.

There wasn't even a Macdonalds in Cornwall til just before I left. No Pizzahut either.

Gavin

Cheers for your help guys, turns out theres a car restorers about 5 miles from where i live so i'll check it out tomorrow