Sign in to follow this  
matthew_harwood

new help

Hi guys really need some help with this problem thought I'd got rid of it but its come back :(!!! Ok here are the symptoms, will not idle when the problem happens at all, if you hold the pedal at 1000 it goes from 1000 to 1500 and continues to do this until you move away. At low speed when you accelerate there is a pronounced hesitation. But as you get to the higher speeds it seems fine.

Thanks in advance

Matt

the isv is a cylindrical valve,i think its on the right hand side of the engine in the valver?

it has an electrical connector going to one end and a pipe on the other.

best way to clean it is to soak it in petrol.

neil. :D

Hi all still have this same problem, have cleaned the isv valve didnt help at all, the car will cut out every time when you dip the clutch. it hunts when below 2000revs but will be stable at about 2000 with out hunting.

anybody got ant advice

thanks

mat

new ISV and make sure its plugged into the back of the throttle body like on the G60's. if it doesnt plug in there try O2 sensor, and perhaps dizzy.

Poss air leak on a vacuum hose. Had a similar prob on mine years back (cutting out slowing for roundabouts/junctions - very unsettling at times) tho it wasn't as pronounced as yours seems to be. As you say, not so noticeable at higher revs. Can be a bugger to track it down tho. Luck

Hi all just an update, today I fixed the problem it seems that the valve at the back of the metering head was clogged with oil and wasn’t allowing air to pass. Does anybody know what it’s called?

Regards all matt