Sign in to follow this  
Arrow3 VR6

Shipping Cars

Hi everyone. I'm currently searching for C's to buy, and I've found a few possibilities, but some are quite far away. Most of the one's I've found were through AutoTrader. What do you guys think about having a car shipped to me, that I found from an AutoTrader(or similar thing) advertisement? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

as long as you get it on a real car transporter or flat bed its okay

i'd just drive the thing, get insurance sorted first though

Hi everyone. I'm currently searching for C's to buy, and I've found a few possibilities, but some are quite far away. Most of the one's I've found were through AutoTrader. What do you guys think about having a car shipped to me, that I found from an AutoTrader(or similar thing) advertisement? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

No way, not without inspecting the car first. Corrados are quite low and getting it on the low-loader may break the front spoiler. It's just a trust thing, I would personally get a mate to drive you to the car's location and drive it back, no matter how far away it is. I've found most mates would oblige when it comes to picking up a car.

Kev

just drive out and see the one(s) youre serious about. don't buy a car without seeing it in person.

i just drove 6-7 hours each way last week down to pennsylvania (altoona) from canada to get a hood (sorry.. bonnet, ahem)... a couple hundred dollar part. a whole CAR is a pretty big deal. get one of your buds, pack some sandwiches, roll and blunt, hop on the interstate and have a nice roadtrip. :thumb right:

..if you end up buying it, make sure its roadworthy, and just stop every hour or so to check on things under the hood until you get home.

yeah lanny's right road-trip time 8) ........if petrol was as cheap here as it is over on your side of the pond then distances would be no object to us over here......afterall a 1000 mile-odd(there and back) roadtrip over here cost us easy £100-£120 in fuel :shock: :x ....it must cost you easily half that state-side

so the only real problem for you guys is the time its going to take