Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Door Composition

Was looking through a brochure that I have for the C which is in German, and on one of the pages it shows a breakdown of the types of metal etc that have been used for various parts. I can work out that the bulkhead seems to be galvanised, but it also shows the doors, sunroof and rear hatch are also different - zinc something - I can sort of work out from the wording!

Does anyone know what they are made from? Are they zinc coated or something to stop them rusting if they get damaged/scratched?

Incidentally, my passenger door has gone sort of pimpelly, although doesn't appear to have actually rusted or anything. Any idea what this is?

No idea about the metals used, but the pimply finish sounds like the paint needs redoing. Happened to my valver, respray the only solution.

I did a rough translation last night and the doors, bonnet, sunroof and tailgate all appear to be single-side electro-galvanised.

Grey is electro plated on one side

Black is electro plated on both sides

Orange is galvanised

I'm sure Tempest can confirm as he speaks German.