Sign in to follow this  
fast x

TT comps alloys??

Hi guys im thinking of gettin these wheels but my question is can i use the same wheels bolts from the same audi tt comps to fit my 95 vr6??? wots is the proper length of bolts when fiting 17s????

cheers philip. :wink:

Think you can use the same bolts but with the comps you will need a 3-5mm spacer at the back as you cant get the wheel caps on - so you may want longer bolts to be on the safe side, though greegs didn't use longer bolts when he put his on. (do a search for competitions on here there is some useful info on fitting etc - and greeg's post).

What's wrong with the porsche cups?

Also the tyres that come with the comps are normally 225's so you will have to change those as well for 205/40/17s otherwise they wont fit.

Ok cheers guys very good info!!! as for the porche cups theres nothing wrong with them i think ill keep them or i may be selling them!!!!

thanks again.

My mates got tt comps on his car he has used standard bolts and all centre caps went on fine.

Then your mate also used a hammer :|

its a g60 with vr6 5 stud conversion.

Maybe that's why they went straight on, has the G60 got shorter dust caps? Std VR6 is problematic due to the dust caps sticking out too far so you can't get the comp centre caps on- these can be hammered flat - some people have done this- or you can use a small spacer to move the wheel further out to clear the dust cap, then maybe you want longer bolts?

All the info is in this thread:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... ompetition

It's just I looked into this very carefully about a month ago when I very narrowly missed out on the sale of some comps that had the correct tyres for the VR with them - was a steal at £350.