Sign in to follow this  
sid1

golf vr6 slowed down after gettin full magnex exhaust fitted

Hello,

I just needed to get some advice from some experts. i have a mrk 3 golf vr6 '97'. recently i bought a brand new full magnex exhaust system (cat back), the tail pipe was the 3" twin round.

after getting it fitted on my car, i noticed that it had slowed my car down noticably. does anyone know why this might be.

Also does a magnex exhaust have a magnex stamp on the actual exhaust besides from the metal sticker you put on the tail pipe?

any help would be good.

thanks

They didn't disturb the lambda probe when they fitted it did they? I've seen a few fitters let the cat drop down when taking the exhaust off which can stretch and break the lambda wires....

If not, give the exhaust a bit of time to carbon up and it might improve.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

when the bloke fitted the exhaust, he didnt take of the cat pipe, he only moved it a few centimetres. so dont think he disturb that.

i have had the exhaust on for a bout a week, and driven from london 2 portsmouth about 4 times, clocked up about 1000 miles and still no difference. still sluggish and the noise is only slightly rumbly at about 5-6000 revs?

also do you know if a magnex exhaust should have a magnex stamp engraved on the metl anywhere?

thanks