Sign in to follow this  
spoier

Stoopid question... where's the sticker

Where is the sticker with the paint code?

I know its supposed to be in the trunk somewhere, but where?

On the floor under the carpet? On the rear valence? on the sides?

Thanks.............. *sheepish* :)

should be on the inside of the rear panel(well it is on UK cars).....if not its either had a rear panel replaced(not good) or some muppet of an owner has taken it off

if there isn't one there,you should find one on the inside of the pass.side wing(sort of orange-ish colour sticker) as its on the driver's side wing on R/H/D

Err, sorry.. which rear panel?? you mean the back side of the panel the licence plate attaches to?

And you mean the inside of the inner wing (ie the side of the engine bay) right?

I'm 99% positive I have Pearl Effect Blue but I want to make sure.

Thanks

Err, sorry.. which rear panel?? you mean the back side of the panel the licence plate attaches to?

Open the boot/trunk and look just to the left of the latch hook. You should have a white sticker with lots of info on it.

And you mean the inside of the inner wing (ie the side of the engine bay) right?

Yup. Will have the name of the paint and a barcode on it.

If either of these are missing, it is likely that panel has been replaced due to a accident. :(

Weird. I can see where there was a sticker on the rear panel, but it seems to have been removed or scraped off. I can't find any sticker on either of the inner wings either... but no evidence of any accident that I can find.

Skye

I'm not sure about VW in the States but in the UK, they can pull up every single detail about your car from it's registration plate. Paint codes, engine type, options fitted etc etc.

One thing to bear in mind with paint codes though is there are two for the same colour. A VW 'production code' and a customer indetification code. The latter is used in places for Motor spares stores that sell spray cans etc and the former is what VW use. All very strange but there you go!

The reason I mentioned that is because the paint code on my sticker (where yours was) is not recognised by Volkswagen, even though they put it on the damn sticker!!

Kev