Sign in to follow this  
alby

early vdo guage panel.

ive acquired an early vdo guage panel with the voltmeter and oil pressure guage.

my question is this.does the panel come with a frame that fits into the centre console that the guage panel then screws to?

the panel seems too small for the hole and theres nowhere for it to screw too.

if anyone has some pics of their guages could you post them up please.

cheers

al

the guages in question

7e_1_b.JPG

a friend of mines got one of those fitted. Where did you get it from?. I'm really not sure how they fit in though!! :) try gpc or vag parts.com

There is no fitting panel that goes round it. The panel sits about an inch back in the cubby hole.

You need to use a hot nail or similar to make a couple of guide holes in the bottom of the cubby hole for the 2 spikes that are in the bottom of the panel. Then I got a strip of plastic from B&Q that had a 90 degree bend in it. Attached that to to top of the cubby hole for it to screw into.

There is a guide in more depth and pics on one of the corrado owners clubs sites (canada's I think!) however it seems the Corrado Club GB site is down again and the link is on there.

Heres a bit of a blurred pic of mine fitted

brookescourt is the winner.

its for a lhd. fits quite nice if i put it in back to front.

emailed the seller to see what hes going to do about it.there was no mention of it coming from a lhd car in the ad.

i think i could knock up a better fitting one from mdf then cover it in vynal.

nice dash blue joe

When I fitted mine I bonded it to the back of the old Fischer tape holder that was in the cubby hole when I bought the car.

Your probably right about making a better one yourself though, mabye a nice stainless panel?

Good luck,

Rob.

just spent half an hour knocking this up.

89260736.jpg

its only a trial run.will have another go tomorrow to get a tighter fit and trim it a bit better

Dave & I fitted some gauges in myn a few wks ago, made a panle out of thin plywood.. needs trimming.. works fine..