Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

First Corrado

Hi! my first post!

been looking to buy a VW Corrado for about 4months now

finally in the financial position to buy one. im on a budget of about £2k, its meagre sum for a Corrado but i cant stand owning a french car anymore.

is 2k a reasonable sum for a late plate 1.8 with around 100k on it? im a student so bare in mind although a g60 or VR6 would rock, i couldnt fuel it!

give me as much input as you guys can please!

im trying to get one bought for the end of april (my 21st!)

2K sounds reasonalbe given the price of valvers at the moment... Although, if you can get a decent one for slightly less, then you'll have a good emergency fund for whatever goes wrong first :-)

Check out the for sale section on here, as they'll be of a higher quality than what you'll generally find in autotrader or anywhere else.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum and good luck with your hunt!

Cheers,

Tom

TBH im not too sure the G60 uses much more petrol than the 1.8 16V, im sure many G60 owners will be able to correct me if i am wrong here.

The 1.8 16V is a cracking engine, had it in my MK2 golf GTi!!

TomB is right about looking in here for a car, some great motors pop up now and again! like:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21592

although now sold i think the 2k he was asking was well worth it!

godskitchen - depends on your driving conditions really. Motorway, steady driving the G60's not bad and probably only 2 or 3 MPG off the Valver.. but around town its shocking.

cool. i heard the G60 got terrible mpg something like 22mpg? thought it sounded like BS to me but i dont know any better!

just on a side note my insurance company doesnt like mods so im looking for a totally standard one if i can (or as close as poss)

thanks guys!

Dont mean 2 hijack ur post, just thinkin ahead to if i'll have a first Corrado when i can drive - wat u guys think will be the state of rados in like 4-5 yrs??

welcome to the forum, good luck with any purchase. Corrado's are the dogs!

Ibsyj23, it will be even rarer to find low milers in 4/5 years but as a number of people on this forum can testify - never be put off by a high miler, as long as the owner looked after it well the car will just keep on truckin!

Looking forward to a drive in the sun now!

Lippy