Sign in to follow this  
kid corrado

changing front speakers

i still have an original factory fitted stereo system (which sounds pretty bad). So have just bought new stereo and componant speakers for the front.

i need to fid out how to remove the original speaker grills. i have been told the ones on the dash pop off so you replace speakers from the top. is this true? also the door mounted ones need changing, do i need to remove the door panels or do they also pop off like the dash mounted ones

does anyone know the answer? i dont want to end up prizeing off the speaker grills with a screwdriver and shag the lot.

I had to take the door cards off to change the front speakers on my Rado. Not a difficult thing to do, only held on by a few screws and then they lift off tabs at the bottom of the door. You'll have to unscrew the door pins too.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the wiring to the original speakers have plugs fitted to the ends. I had to cut them off and crimp on connectors to fit my new speakers.

Nah, but I'd like to at some point! Just looks a little too fiddly for my liking... :)

If ur taking the door cards off,

you might aswell sound proof the doors,

it improves the sound LOADS !!!!

Ive mounted my tweeters in the tops. Had to make custom mounts for them but great sound and keeps it all hidden away from the chavs... I also has to remove the doors cards for mine and whilst its off might be worth you running some new cable for the fronts as the old stuff is pants!