Sign in to follow this  
storm81

corrado vr6

Well its got to the stage im looking for something a little newer and more refined than the mk1 rocco storm, i was originaly thinking about a late mk2 golf gti but since then i cant help wanting a corrado, so what kind of money would i be looking at for a vr6 with not too many miles in good nick? fuel economy does concern me a little so hopefully theres someone here who could let me know what consumption they get :)

Read my post below, I've just done 598 miles today and most pretty high in the rev range when in Wales and my average over a 12 hour drive was 24.3mpg which I think is bloody good IMO

What sort of consumption do you get if going a bit easier? one of the main things i want from this is confortable motorway cruising so it would be nice if it was a little nearer 30mpg on a long trip

Motorway @ 60-70MPH i get 30-35MPG

@70+ = 25-32MPG

Round town = 14-20MPG

Putting my foot down = never above 14MPG had it as low as 12MPG

Like any car it depends upon how you drive it and the driving conditions, like being stuck in traffic.