Sign in to follow this  
slimtim

In-tank fuel pump - ETKA

I'm looking at replacing the in-tank fuel pump on my 2l 16v. The underside fuel pump is noisy and it would appear that replacing the tank fuel pump is the way to go.

Can someone please post a screenshot from ETKA of the in-tank fuel pump assembly? Does anyone know whether I need just the pump or strainer/filters too?

Supercharged, a 2L 16v is a new type of C and had only one pump in the tank, the one you're showing is the 1st pump of the two. Newer types of C, after octobre '89, has only one pump in the tank and has no telescope.

There's one way to find out if you have one or two pumps, there's always one in the tank, the second one is undet the car before het right weel at the back. If you have 2 pumps, you'll see the fuelpump and filter, if you have one pump system then you'll se onley the fuel filter.

I did the filter late last year but the underside pump still makes a noise. John Fox in Nottingham told me today that the in-tank pump is a mere 120 quid!