Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

More G60 idling probs etc ...

Plenty of G60 's seem to be having trouble recently now its my turn.

First up i'll mention that my Temp Guage hasn't worked for a month or 2, keep putting off sorting it.

Mine starts fine from cold, no probs till the oil hits 80 - 90 then it just won't idle smoothly, splutters and struggles to keep turning over. I've started it from cold,idled fine, disconnected the blue temp sensor and the revs drop to shite like when its hot. Does this mean the BTS is doing its job ?

Today i've found a flattish black wire which gets thin on one end coming out of the coil, does this sound like the ground that goes to the throttle body to anyone?? If so then where on the TB does it go?? And could this affect the idle/temp sensors??

I read in a previous thread that theres a ground from TB to coil. Anyone know what i mean? Trying to find pic on intraweb but can't find one. (No camera/scanner either)

Did you get PM Steve?

I did, sorry for not replying, just busy trying to sort mine out...

The earth was originally from the top right of the rocker cover to the coil but there was a recall and it should have been changed to the throttle body from the ocker cover...

Well - its been so tempromental. It was idling shitey the day i replaced them, done the job and it was fine, the temp guage is working. But yesterday and today it sounds rough again. Sorted that weird earth wire out aswell. So maybe its time to clean the ISV out ?

Hows yours - any progress