Sign in to follow this  
trendy tramp

more news on new Corrado

Just read about that on VW Vortex again.. yet more speculation I guess!

well, the 3.2 V6 does (ask PhatVR6 or biggerbigben) ;) IIRC the 3.6 is just the bigger brother of the 3.2-24V 8)

JoeNose, only 1 flaw there m8 - it's an Alfa.. :pukeright:

I agree about the Merc connection though - they handle like barges, fast barges but still barges !!

Alfas are OK with me ;)

It's their GTV replacement, and VW have nothing similar due in the near future it seems. Oh, apart from a 4*4 Golf called the Beduin. Woo-f**king-hoo...

hey.. it just means ours command a premium price for longer...

Was at the stealers today.. parked up in the customers parking for a bout 1/2 hour...

Every one of their salesman/technicians who went past my car gazed at it wistfully for a good 10-20 second before passing by..

anyone seen the picture of the C on the pistonheads article?

whats attached to the bonnet near the grill? and look at those repeaters??

anyone seen the picture of the C on the pistonheads article?

whats attached to the bonnet near the grill? and look at those repeaters??

Thats a car bra mate, some crazy american set-up that makes sure you get less stone chips on the front. I thinbk the side repeaters are there because yet again its american and they have to have mental side markers, law or something.

Also i read the article in autocar last night and im pretty dissapointed, if the new rad looks like what they show in the article then its a cross between a passat and a phaeton, nothing sporty or coupe about it

I rekon they should just put a "Corrado" badge on the nardo and that will be that 8) :lol:

does anyone else think that *if* VW did ever release a successor to the C it would sell as well with a modern engine and interior and the styling left alone?

It would mean that all the exterior parts would go into production again, which cant be bad!

Yeah its a lovely day dream.. I think with the R32 engine and drivetrain, and a much more modern interior and all new fresh modern electrical gear it'd be a winner.. alas it'd never happen! :(

Unfortunately the exterior styling, whilst very nice still is definately way too 90's to be sold as a new car.. though perhaps if they treated it to a bit of smoothing it could work..

Yeah its a lovely day dream.. I think with the R32 engine and drivetrain, and a much more modern interior and all new fresh modern electrical gear it'd be a winner.. alas it'd never happen! :(

Unfortunately the exterior styling, whilst very nice still is definately way too 90's to be sold as a new car.. though perhaps if they treated it to a bit of smoothing it could work..

........then again Nissan(USA) started buying as many old 240/260Z's as they could get their hands on in the mid-90's and totally restored them to sell on again