Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Flowing a G60 throttle body

Well now i got two throttle bodies to fix my broken one, is it worth getting the spare one flowed. Does the expenditure result in a good gain in power or torque?

What else makes it worth doing?

Should i get the inlet manifold flowed to match?

I'd start spending money flowing the exhaust manifold or fitting a 4-1 first, cylinder head next & work forward from there.

Rustynuts, Doing the exhaust manifold alone will yeild very little in the way of BHP. It will, however, enable the engine to breathe more easily & you'll get much more benefit from any further mods that you do.

If youve got to fix your throttlebody you might aswell flow it at same time.I did mine with a dremmel,took about a day to get the desired finish i wanted.I wouldnt worry about bhp figures,as long as you feel an improvement,then its worth doin! i thinned the spindle out on the small butterfly and countersunk the screws and the car picks up alot better now.

shouldnt cost you anymore than £20 including buying a dremmel!!!!!

Well i could do with some more torque thats for sure. Will have a look into getting the spare one flowed.

Talking about flowing, i may just use the knackered throttle body to practise a bit of flowing.

Have you got before and after pics for your flusted?