Sign in to follow this  
Toady1979

Loss of speedo

Can anyone help i have all working instruments bar my speedo wen it was on its way out it wud work and then not work how is the speedo read of hub or gearbox or is it a electric speedo anybody with any ideas can u email me on mailto:[email protected]

regards toady1979

The speedo is electrionic - so it'll be a bad wire somewhere.

Plus, this is a forum, not an email group. Please leave discussions online so everyone can benefit rather than asking for people to email you personally.

It maybe just the speedo sensor it'll be on the gearbox towards the back near where the nearside drive shaft meets the gearbox flange. You'll know when you see it as it is the only component in that area that has wires going to it. The replacement part number if it is that is 357 919 149 I haven't personally had to buy one but I dont think that they are that expensive from the dealers.

What car is it? Most have an electric speedo, some early cars have mechanical...

Assumic it's electric (digital mileage display) , check the wiring - the speed sensor is £15 for the G60...