Sign in to follow this  
Flo

Bye bye oh beautiful 1!

I dont like long goodbyes, so I simply gave her a pat on the bonnet and walked off to my new car. Also in front of the misses, so didnt want to put on a sobbing match.

Got a good trade price, and now we own a Y plate Golf GTi 1.8 turbo in preparation for our new family member coming in August. The new car, I have to say, is lovely. And its a welcome return to modern car ownership, but I was very depressed yesterday afternoon as I know that my Rado was my pride and joy and will be sorely missed.

Still, life goes on, and I have other priorities! Onwards!

It was a similarly heart wrenching experience the day I sold my Blackberry 1994 Corrado 16v.. parked her up in the 'traded cars' area at Citroen and handed over my keys to the salesman. He was probably expecting a smiley satisfied new Citroen customer, but I was totally gutted to see my Corrado go..

I didnt miss the bills, and I didnt miss any of the Corrado annoyances so its hard to say exactly what it is that makes it so difficult, but the drive home from Citroen wasn't a particularly happy one that day I can tell you.

It was a similarly heart wrenching experience the day I sold my Blackberry 1994 Corrado 16v.. parked her up in the 'traded cars' area at Citroen and handed over my keys to the salesman. He was probably expecting a smiley satisfied new Citroen customer, but I was totally gutted to see my Corrado go..

I didnt miss the bills, and I didnt miss any of the Corrado annoyances so its hard to say exactly what it is that makes it so difficult, but the drive home from Citroen wasn't a particularly happy one that day I can tell you.

touché

Now try imagining having 3 gorgeous Karmann coupes; couldn't get rid of a single one anymore :lol:

And its a welcome return to modern car ownership,

Nah, everytime I drve someone else's Vectra, Focus or other modern rubbish, it just doesn't do it for me, those cars leave no emotional impression on me. I have to admit I haven't driven a modern Golf yet, though, so hope that's different.

Good luck!

Tempest

Least you've stayed VAG.. We'll still talk to you :lol:

Good luck with the family matie..

Cheers everyone, I hope one day I will be back though!

I've owned quite a few cars for someone of my age, and the Corrado was without a doubt the fastest, funnest, best looking, enjoyable and most !!expensive!! car i've had the fortune of experiencing. It was the only car I fell in love with and I dont think I'll ever find something that'll put a bigger smile on my face.

As soon as I can afford it, I'll be Storm searching though. Until then, I hope to be joining Juncion 29 when I move up that way soon and still be on the DUB scene.

See you all at GTI international!

Nah, everytime I drve someone else's Vectra, Focus or other modern rubbish, it just doesn't do it for me, those cars leave no emotional impression on me. I have to admit I haven't driven a modern Golf yet, though, so hope that's different

The only thing I can say for modern car ownership is having it work exactly the same, reliably, every single day of the year.. it makes such a nice change not having to say "Oh god, whats this noise" and having to keep aside money each month for yet more repairs!

And I don't really think vanilla Focus's or Vectra's are really fair comparisons.. you'd have to be talking Focus RS, new Golf GTI, Mondeo ST220 money wise to be about the same as the Corrado and IMHO those would be just as much fun as a Corrado :)

what miles were on your v6 and was it a good tradein value ?

I managed to get 4K, with 103,000 on the clock. Not bad, I guess I could have got another £1000 if Id put it in the autotrader. That was with some hard bartering and pretending to get up and walk away, twice.

I think you have done well for a no hassle,no comeback sale

one woman on the egroup was offered 2.5k for her Blackberry V6,twas an Auto with Leather,needless to say I tried to buy it.

chubbers