Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

G60 has had the rear end up on axe stands for three days!

replacing rear wheel bearings, discs, pads & calipers (with some help from a gas torch & angle grinder)

was chuffed to find that the abs rings came off the old discs, and after some wire brushing and rust proof paint, look like new-uns ready to go on the new discs.

Have smoothed & painted the new calipers & carriers in silver, before I fit them to the car tomorrow (part of the reason why this job is taking so long!)

Fitted bezel rings and blue leds in dash, Switches to come but they sound like bit of a ball ache!!!!!!!!!

Fitted lupo gti wipers lord knows how i survived without them!!!

Fitted new head unit (replacement from sony for the one that blew up)!!!

Thought about washing her, thought about the amount of seagulls in cornwall who love nothing more than sh**ing on a nice shiny moter..........Didnt!!

Gave her a full flush and filled her up with G12+ in prep for the colder days & nights.

And then thought 'why not' and gave her a wash :)

put on my speedies and went out for a play with a friends new Mk5 GTI.

it was fairly close on the straight stuff, but I left him trailing in the bendy bits. :D

put on my speedies and went out for a play with a friends new Mk5 GTI.

it was fairly close on the straight stuff, but I left him trailing in the bendy bits. :D

Nice one!

Fixed the clutch cylinder problem following a failed bleed attempt yesterday. Tools used: A squeezy toilet cleaner bottle filled with fresh brake fluid :lol:

Tempest

this week I mostly......... fixed my rear spoiler (cheers to dinkus for the parts), fixed my idling problem, fitted my debadged grill, re-fitted the vacum pipe to the back of the mfa in the dash, emptied the oil catchtank and fitted a breather, removed the surplus pipe from the catch tank to the airbox, fixed the reversing lights actuator, adjusted the gearbox linkage so I could select first gear, fitted a set of airhorns (as mine had packed up), fitted aero wipers

think thats about it.... phew

i forgot about this thread! this week i have beed stripping the boot of the g60 for soundproofing, removing rear coilovers for refurbing. on the 16v i have fixed dodgy indicators (cheers bally!) fixed the horn fitted new horn push (thanks bcstudent!) fitted ne battery clamp (cheers daves16v!), fitted new heater panel surround and new far left air vent (cheers ben16v!) dried the carpet out removed recaros, fixed gear change (circlip) got her running (12v feed to the distributer) freed off the brake valve on the axle checked everythng twice! changed all the bulbs fitted new bosch battery. all ready for new interior (cheers dinkus!) :D :D

cleaned up and refitted the Fidanza flywheel and Helix Clutch, and crank pulley.

Attempted to bolt up the gearbox, but it didn't want to go on, and it's so bloody heavy I was knackered after an hour of wrestling with it so i gave up.

man I hate fiting gearboxes, had a landrover a while back that took me a whole day to get to slide home before I realised it had the wrong bell housing on it (Doh)

fitted new rear coilovers (old ones too far gone to refurb) took her for mot then the mot tester forgot to take the jack away as i reversed off so i ripped th oil cooler off had to wait for the rac for a tow home :mad: , still old cooler was weeping a bit, i set the coilovers to their lowest and im not sure the springs are doing anything! so ill raise it a touch for the respray then play with bumpstops so i can run it low but with some spring action, was good to drive her again though!! didnt touch the valver she waiting for new furniture!

you can tell its winter! no posts on this thread! today i raised the g60 a few turns and sorted a new cooler out that ill fit on sturday. on the valver i fitted her new wheels (borbet c's) id have preferred 16's but man they pretty wheels really plain but still nice. that involved removing locking wheelnuts with no key at which im a bit of dab hand at now so if youre every stuck give me a shout i can probably help the leather turned up for the headlining on the g60 60 sq ft for £35 cant argue with that its a perfect match for the recaros too!

Only picked my Corrado up on Monday night, tonight the noise of the rear wheel bearing humming was starting to drive me crazy so I decided I'd better have a look. Its only -1 outside and the gravel from the driveway was sticking to my overalls! Anyway managed to tighten it up and while I was at it I decided to see what my Black G60 Steels would look like......big mistake, ended up changing all the Sebrings over. Not a big fan of Sebrings anyway to be honest and the Steels have got really good Goodyear F1's on them as they were fitted on my Golf. I also fitted some tinted side repeaters which is nice.

well i got the rough bbs from the valver and had new tyres fitted gave them a jet wash as well (at 9 o'clock) so i thought what the heck ill wash the whole car so i washed the car whilst it was freezing mad i know but hey one less job for tomorrow!

pushed it back into the garage....after spending the past 2 weekends replacing my knackered garage roof.

rebuild time begins

froze my tits off while i took my bbs rc's off for winter, and put the mk4 v6 alloys on, god my car looks pants now, :(

put a polarity switching elec window switch in the valver hey presto it works! fitted new oil cooler rad to the g60 and went for a drive man i miss driving her everyday. valver is going for mot tomorrow so fingers crossed i hope it wont be any more than front strut mounts but you never know, last few mots ive done they have missed all the things i thought needed doing! oh and cleaned the elec recaros.

does anybody actually stop and read this thread or do people just post up what they've done and leave?

i always read it tbh i like hearing about what others are up to i work on mine all year round.

Yes, I do read it occasionally, especially when I've had a frustrating bit of work on my Rado again, like today:

Started of in the few warm(ish) sunshine hours this time of year still has to offer with re-bleeding the clutch cylinders, aiming the right headlight, washing the Rado, and then tackling the task of changing the fuel oump on my G60, which turned out to be right nightmare, but see for yourself in the Engine Bay forum.

As soon as the sun had gone, the job wasn't finished yet, so frost started to settle in, oohhh nice, nothing nicer than to stick both hands in a full fuel tank of icecold fuel :lol: NOT!

Tempest