Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

well, this weekend I went on a bit of a mission... 8)

Took the engine and box out of J-DUB to prep it for fitting into H-YYU

Fitted new MB Quart components to H-YYU

Wired up new speakers to Amp with BIG FAT speaker cable

Fitted serial lead to TrakM8 in H-YYU so I can plug it into my new palmtop when it arrives to use a GPS navigation device... 8)

Test fitted 40mm offset Borbet Cs over Brembos - They fit with my 11mm spacer! :cheers:

Got local machine shop to start making me 4 more 11mm spacers

Took 9 Borbet Cs to Top Marques for refurbing and discovered that one was a write off (funnily enough, the one that did most of the damage to the MKIII golf that pulled out in front of J-DUB! :roll: )

Re-fitted badly fitted alarm and finally got interior sensors working in H-YYU

Cleaned windscreen (inside) so I can actually see out of H-YYU :oops: :lol:

Changed cambelt tensioner on H-YYU so it'll last until I can swap the engines over later this week...

spent 6 hrs in the heat washing and waxing it got sunburnt all over and musta lost some weight too :lol:

fitted my suspension and my drivers side brembo, made and fitted a new solid brake line for drivers side. bled the system (used a easi-bleed wow they are good!!!) put new wheels on (bbs RC's in 16" in case you didnt know!) took her for a drive oh god how ive missed her!! first time in about a month. have done so many things to her since i last drove her that my heads buzzing taking it all in!! tommorow ill clean her and go somewhere nice to get some pictures to post up. now time for a well earned beer or ten!! :D

Spent the afternoon stripping the interior and plastics out of me blue c, then working way thru the stereo & Alarm system out.

Tomorrow is getting the o'e stereo loom out of blue c & Fitting into black c

chris

today i took it for another drive before i stripped out the interior 1 to fix the rear door cards and 2 to give it a really good clean/leather renovation. put my new door cards on and relocated the tweeters to the dash, fitted late stalks oh and btw when you do this you only need the late upper cowling not the lower as they are identical! wired up the rear lights (fk) various other bits too!!

Refitted heater ducting, wired in new iso harness, rifitted dash and panel with switches. ready to have new alarm fitted next week.

i have used a whole pot of connoly hide cream on my hide sorry no interior! stiff is great the leather visibly swells and fills in the cracks!.had to do a few repairs on the rear door cards use lots of wood glue and some lolly sticks!! i have re routed all my amp wires and spira wrapped them all. mounted my second amp found a place it looks really cool in! made my heater display light up! planned how the hell im going to replace my bowden cable souldnt be too hard but i need to cool my hands down so they get considerably smaller!! everything i have touched that is held by a clip has received a new clip should be much more quite and rattle free after this!

well, tonights task is to take the engine and box out of H-YYU and fit J-DUB's engine/box in instead! :| Wish me luck! :cuckoo:

well, tonights task is to take the engine and box out of H-YYU and fit J-DUB's engine/box in instead! Wish me luck!

good luck mate!

im refitting the interior and cleaning the exterior, also trying to find the two bags of stuff from vag ive lost! has any one got a pic of how the throttle cable clip goes together?

ah, that'll be the full half hour not the 5 minute job then henny

I'm aiming to get the new engine in and running before midnight... (otherwise I have no idea what it'll turn into! ;) :lol: )

Saturday's task is to fit the Brembos, the painted rear MKIV calipers, the newly refurbished 40mm offset Borbet Cs and the 4 new 11mm spacers/spiggots... Oh, and finally give it a clean ready for sunday... :oops: :lol:

I'm aiming to get the new engine in and running before midnight

cool post if you get it done dude.!

all i managed today is to stick the leather back to the rear cards and refit the handbrake surround, handle and leather gaitor. got too hot was going to put the whole interior in might do it in the morning if its not too bad! oh and i ordered my mats from just matz! :D

nine minutes to go henny! wonder if hes done it!

LOL

bet you been watching the clock since he first posted he would have it running by midnight :wink:

chris

new sidelight bulbs , wash , quik clay,quik detail and polish

ps.quik detail is excellent on bike fairings too (meguiars)

Made space in the garage,put the car in and started stripping bits out to prepare for charger removal.So far the altenator is out along with the filter and associated piping,belt let go and some of the bolts removed.

Now may be a good time to order the toothed belt kit too. :twisted:

I spun mine for the first time at the Kames trackday. :lol:

Can laugh it off as there was no damage. 8)

put my interior back in very carefully! looks amazing absolutely mint. might try and get some new under dash panels though they let it down a bit. took her for a drive and shes pretty mauch rattle free! there are a few squeaks that the felt should sort out. cars going in this week to have the geometry done then im ready to have a bit of enjoyment out of her till i start stripping for the respray! think ill detail the engine next in the mean time.

fitted bmc cda and re routed the carbon filter thingamy at weekend..What an awesome sound it makes! but only under hard acceleration which is nice.

next job: shrick manifold throttle body and cams 8)

nine minutes to go henny! wonder if hes done it!

LOL

bet you been watching the clock since he first posted he would have it running by midnight :wink:

chris

Nope, She's not running... I had a little accident... :oops: (not with the car!)

I got the engine bolted into H-YYU as planned fairly early on Thursday night with just the coolant, intercooler system and driveshafts left to connect and was carrying a light bag back to my house through my garden when I tripped, fell, twisted my back pulling a muscle, dislocated my shoulder (again :roll: ) and bruised my shoulder, hip, hand and thumb (which actually hurts more than all the rest!)

The car's still in bits (although they're rather large bits which shouldn't take long to sort out 8) ) and I ache, but other than that I'm ok, the car's looking good and should be ready for this weekend, if not it'll definately be at GTI festival at Santapod the weekend after... 8)

dislocated my shoulder

ouch i have an unstable shoulder too always pops out is agony every time :(

hope you feel better and get her back on the road, looking foward to the pod!

thanks mate... yeah, the shoulder popping thing hurts... funnily enough it's my thumb that's hurting the most and it's only a little bruise, but it's under the nail which is constantly pushing on it... :?

I'm aiming to get her running again tonight now that I have movement back in my back/shoulder so I can get a little milage on her to find any teething problems I may have with the swap over... At least my A/F gauge arrived today so I'll finally be able to see what's going on there! 8)