Sign in to follow this  
Valver

Power steering fluid?

Stealers are too far from me, can i use a generic PAS fluid, green coloured for my VR? Is there a specification to go with the green colour?

Stealers are too far from me, can i use a generic PAS fluid, green coloured for my VR? Is there a specification to go with the green colour?

Wouldn't chance it, what about German & Swedish, Euro carp parts, or maybe AVS VW spares online?

AVS sell PAS fluid for about £4.75. I only ordered some last week when I was buying a new expansion tank - arrived really quick as well.

ATF fluid has never been used in VW racks...

I'm so glad you said that, after 10 years of using the green LHM type stuff in my 1990 16v I was a bit puzzled by the talk of red caps and red fluid :?

Can I just add that my 90 1.8 has a red cap on the PAS tank and is clearly labeled ATF.

was chatting about this at Stanford Hall with a few peeps, it seems all VW's after about 1988 (IIRC) use the green fluid, it's just that VW used an earlier golf part for the reservoir on the 1.8 16v corrados, i.e. don't go by the lettering molded into the tank, it's the VAG service info that specifies which cars use which fluid.