Sign in to follow this  
superhans

non metallic paint with laquer?

Hello, i have a black c with paint code L041 which is listed as not being a metallic paint but there are a couple of areas around the windscreen and at the base of the arial where laquer is peeling.Is this right. should this paint code have a coat of laquer or not? Also how is 2 pack paint mixed, what is the ratio paint to hardener, I read 3 parts paint 1 part hardener and 10% thinner does this sound right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

some paints even though solid come in a base coat and laquer,i know when i painted mine i had a choice of solid or base coat and laquer,as for mixing the base coat is 1/1 and the laquer is 2 to 1 with 10%thinners depending on the weather.hope this helps.

do not profess to knowing alot about painting/spraying cars, but there are different ratios for different painting systems and nowadays alot of cars are painted with base coats (metallic & nonmetallic) and clear coats (usually referred to as lacquer... but confusingly isnt anymore since the demise of cellulose!)

again i mite b talking out of my arse - but this is what i have heard through friends who work in bodyshops. I may have misheard or been mislead tho...

Hello, i have a black c with paint code L041 which is listed as not being a metallic paint but there are a couple of areas around the windscreen and at the base of the arial where laquer is peeling.Is this right. should this paint code have a coat of laquer or not? Also how is 2 pack paint mixed, what is the ratio paint to hardener, I read 3 parts paint 1 part hardener and 10% thinner does this sound right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'd better asking the guys who sold you the stuff, they should be able to advise on the characteristics of the paint and lacquer (different between manufacturers) and how you are going to apply dry it (baked or air dry). The factors I get paint from are very helpfull and good with advice. The original L041 is a base coat and lacquer job.