Sign in to follow this  
G60PJL

Knock sensor

After some help please my G60 knock sensor has been diconected scince buying it 2 years ago (bought like this) it has a Jabba chip and 68mm pulley has this anything to do with it .In my mind it shoudent but dont want to connect just incase.

I wouldn't think its a good idea...

Probably disconected as it's faulty - new ones are £45 from VW and must be torque'd up to 15Nm.

Yeh, i agree with Super...

The Knock Sensor is very important under pinking situations.

i.e. if you use regular 95RON it´s more suitable to happen!

The knock sensor should be plugged in or your car will only run with minimal timing. The knock sensor allows the ECU to continually bump the timing forward a degree at a time & retard it by 3 when it hears detonation. If it doesn't have a knock signal it will retard the timing and you will get poor mileage, poor performace and may damage the motor. I would plug it back in, gotta wonder why it would be unplugged.

Dennis

hi - dudes - do i have a knock sensor? the reason i ask is that my c runs great sometimes - and outher times she seems to run quite retarded - not loads but still very noticable - sory to bring up this old thread ?

can you guys also tell me were it is and how to test if its faulty - took her to vag-com but there were no error codes (and this was when the timming was out ) ???? cheers

mistrall, yes, the 2.0 16V has got a knock sensor... although having never worked on one of these engines, I have no idea where it is.... :|