Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Koni kits

I might be able to get a Koni adjustable suspension kit but it is the VR6 version. I have checked thier website for the shocks and obviously the fronts are different to my 16v but thats most likely to accomodate the extra VR weight.

Whats I am worried about is fitting the kit and the front not lowering so does anybody know if the springs you get with the kits are different for the VR and 16v?

I know the springs are suppose to be crap but its the reasonable lowering height that appeals.

I had my kit from C & R. They state on their website the kit is for ALL models (see attached) and it also states it on my receipt. The ride height front to back is exactly the same but it's dropped 25mm.

You should know that I'm changing the springs to H&R's.

Nice. Dont mind a 40mm drop but nothing more. Might go for the buggers.

I had a look through your gallery and they seemed to sit higher than a 40mm drop. Did they drop at all when the settled in? I like it so that there is hardly a gap between the tyre and arch when viewed from the side.

They are higher than 40mm, can't say I noticed a drop when settled in. Standard ride height from bottom lip of arch to wheel centre is 360mm, mine sits at 335mm.

Thats easily fixed by taking a small section off each coil, crude but effective. I take it there is a fair bit of preload on the springs so you dont have to worry about the springs dislocting.

dunno if a VR kit would fit a non-plus suspension C tho :?: tho having said that the Koni coilover kit for the VR6 can also fit a Corrado G60 IIRC