Sign in to follow this  
corradostorm

VAG Service -

That price is about right. I had mine done last year and although its pricey they were really thorough and managed to pick up on quite a few things that I wasn't aware of and quotations to rectfy them. Even greased all the hinges!!

So I've now got a complete list of anything that needs work or may need work in the near future together with prices so I can make a fair comparision when getting quotes from other garages to do the work.

Just got the car back. Tried to charge £274 for the service but got them back down to £240.

Spark plugs are £50+VAT!

Just need to work thorough the list of 'suggested replacements', bushes etc..., nothing out of the ordinary thankfully.

Spark plugs are £50+VAT!

That's because VW only sell the platinums for the VR6 now....£8 each.

I bet they're only platinum coated on the centre electrode aswell, and not proper full platinums. Oh well....

I had 80k service 3 years ago (now at 110k and full dealer service history but as from this weekend no more....well not with that dealer anyway....)

my total back then was £216 with spark plugs being £85

Just checked on dealer labour costs as part of this weekends fiasco and was told £69.75 +VAT.