Sign in to follow this  
Rustynuts

Digi 1 VS Digi 2

Ok, this a strange comparison test. I am not convinced the pick up on the G60 is right. So comparing it to My Mk2 Golf 8v (which i have just done 500 miles in) basically the pick up on it is far better than the G60 (I think the Mk2 is chipped, the G60 has an SNS chip).

Now fundementally Digi 2 is a lot simpler as it does not have the idle switch or lambda probe. However can people who have access to both let me know what both feel like in comparison to each other.

Get your G60 set-up properly & it'll leave the Golf for dead.. :wink:

I used to have a Scirocco 1.8i (k-jetronic), that would leave my G60 for dead upto around 30mph - until I got the Corrado set-up properly !

It can't be hard to set up a G60, whats involved?

If i can't do it myself i will be waiting to get the charger swapped before i get it sorted.

It can't be hard to set up a G60, whats involved?

If i can't do it myself i will be waiting to get the charger swapped before i get it sorted.

To set it up properly you'll need access to a moderately expensive piece of kit called a "wide band" gas analyser (different to the type used for MOT testing). This measures the air/fuel ratio very accurately & allows the necessary adjustments to be made. You'll also need to be using the correct chip in your ECU - designed for the modifications that you have.

Ok looks like i won't be able to do it accuratly then. Are the any methods of setting up roughly, ie by feel rather than using a gas analyser?

By the way, have had the Mk2 4 years, had 3 engines and never once have i had it setup, it just runs!! Guess the difference between Digi 1 and 2.