Sign in to follow this  
Red_16v

How to remove injectors from inlet manifold?

hi everyone

i was just wondering if anyone who's fitted a 50mm inlet or just changed their's knows how to go about removing the actual injectors from the lower half of the manifold. The manifold its self is off but the injectors are rounded so i can use a socket or spanner to remove. any ideas?

sorry, what i meant is the actual injector part that needs to indo is circular (i.e. its made like that). its like this in a haynes manual but doesnt show how to get them out. any other ides?

On the 1800, the injectors simply pull out. Best done when the engine is hot and they come out a lot easier. Just pull on the rigid fuel line and out they come.

I would replace all the seals, plastic sleeves and brass inserts whilst you're there.

4 x brass inserts

4 x insert seals (black)

4 x upper injector seals (green)

4 x lower injector seals (black)

4 x plastic sleeves (orange)

thanks for all the help. a quick call to 16VG60 cleared things up though. i can get the injectors out but the new manifold doesnt have the brass inserts. i'll pop down to the local VW place to get the parts in the week.

Red, the inserts screw out of the inlet manifold. You need a big old allen key, 10 or 12 mm. If the old ones come out no need for new ones. Not all those inserts are brass though, some are plastic and very brittle.

I'd definately use new O rings on the injectors though.

Snap on do a tool to pull the injectors without risking the pipework. Only cheap so I would advise buying one.

The search has failed me though after 15 mins I have given up. Can't find it on the Snap on site either, it's in an obscure category.

Gavin