Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Headlight Lamps (not bulbs goes they grow in the ground)

The Following Applices to European headlights only

Today i was looking at headlight lamps/bulbs for the C, to try and get as much light out of them as possible before i upgrade the loom

The up-rated loom is the only way to go by all accounts,

Anyway to the Point, as i was looking at the many different lamps (bulbs) in the shop i relised i couldn't remember what the spot light lamps/bulbs were, cutting a long story short i sent Tom (VR6) and Andi a txt asking what lamps the C takes, i knew the fogs were h3 the low/high beam H4 and the side lights are T4W's but could not remember what the spots/high beams were. Anyway

They are

Sidelight T4W not sure what wattage

Low/high combo H4 55/60w

Spots/High H3 55w

Fogs H3 55w

Im gonna run

Philips Blue Vision T4W's

Philips Vision Plus H4's

And some good H3's when i can find some.

but when i get my loom im gonna run illegal lamps details soon guys, 3 years ago i used to run 130w/90w in my mk2 fiesta they were brilliant, made by "toplamp" and came from a motor cycle shop on deansgate in manchester website for top lamp

Interesting point. But if you ever make a claim against your insurance they will still be able to claim that you had an undeclared modification and were therefore not covered.

If your lights are as bad as you describe, it might be an idea to check the state of the reflectors. Even if they're currently in good condition, they may not appreciate the additional heat of the higher wattage bulbs. As you can't buy them seperately any more, it's something to think about...

Mike Edwards, Thats a good point, maybe i'll just get a bonnet pod mad rally car style and fit a few cibe's on her!

Back to the normal bulds and uprated loom!!