Sign in to follow this  
Boarder

Magnex exhaust

I am needing to get a new exhaust (CAT back) for my 2.0L 16v 1994.

I have looked at several brands/types and the Magnex stainless system seems the best. It costs £330 and I do not need to chop any of the rear valance to fit it. It also has a lifetime waranty.

Does any one know or have this system on their motor and if so what are your opinions.

(my existing system is a "Simons" branded exhaust (which maybe a Jetex ?) and has caused me a bloody nightmare with the back box snapping as well as the system knocking against the rear suspension which cannot be prevented. I have tried everything)

Any comments on the Magnex would be appreciated, cheers

PM 16VG60, he sources Miltek kits and works closely with them to provide custom solutions. I know it's not a Magnex, but I'd seriously consider them as an option. The build quality and sound are really nice, and the price is reasonable too.

No problems with the magnex so far. Fits great, , quality's great, looks great, sounds great what more do you need from an ss ex. I paid, I think, £315 incl vat and del. from Scarbro racing. Good luck.

I've got a magnex too.......fits well, sounds sweet (nice raspy note to it), and looks the part, and its on a 2.0l 16v too

You may wish to use the search function as everyone has a different take on exhausts. I'm a Milltek man myself and use 16VG60 for all the work on my car. Horses for courses though! ;)

Cheers for the advice Lads, appreciated.

The only reason is was looking at Magnex is that there is a local supplier so I do not have to pay delivery and if it aint right I can pay em a friendly visit. And the guarantee is good. I intend to fit it myself.

Yeah another happy Magnex owner here :) Definately reccomended!

my 2p's worth is that the Magnex sounds and looks amazing, and i have no problems with it whatsoever. Also looks nice a stock with that oval tip.

I have the magnex system sitting in my spare room atm and it's lovely, really well made and all the fixings are sturdy and excellent. I got mine for £315 delivered from http://www.Potn.com last week.

Had magnex on my astra sri and it was superb, steel never dulled and it wasn't much louder than the oe exhaust which some of us prefer, I like to get to a destination before my exhaust note :)

Yeah I like the idea of arriving before the exaust sound too.

Big boys toys are doing a 10% off weekend 16-17 April,they do both Magnex(£339) and Milltek(£332) for the VR6 cat back system.These prices will have 10% off on the weekend offer.

Might be of interest to some :)

Yay! Another Miltek fan! I think it's more than just the exhaust system that makes me recommend John, more over the speedy service, his knowledge of the Corrado - and of course getting to see his rado in the flesh. Worth every penny!

What he doesn't know about Corrado's isn't worth knowing! I've been impressed with every aspect of his service

What he doesn't know about Corrado's isn't worth knowing! I've been impressed with every aspect of his service

I have to agree :D