Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

Replacement of Full Beam Warning light

When the full beams are on the blue light does not light up - well it does very very dimley - i want to try replacing the bulb - does the dash need to be removed for this? Is it easy to replace the dash warning light or a big job? Any advice on doing this appreciated.

I think you have another snag there Arif. I need to look at some wiring diagrams, could be a bad earth somewhere.

Loom in the post at 2pm.

Gavin

Yeah they could be related. I cannot remember where the warning light is fed from, which is why I need to look at the diagrams. It might be a bad stalk or switch. Check all the fuses are good too, 4 in total.

See if you can find the dim dip resistor, somewhere under the battery. Try disconnecting it.

Gavin

You need to remove the instrument cluster then take it apart to replace the bulb.

I did one for a mate a few months back I can't remember exactly how the instruments come apart to replace the bulb but I do remember they came apart much easier than the scrap mk2 clocks I took the replacement bulb out of. I think the face just clips off them or something like that and then you can just remove the old bulb and replace it. (that was a 1990 16V)

did it make much of an improvement to the bulb, as mine is very dim, I just thought it was one of those little corrado things that annoys us. Would be great to have it brighter

:D :D .....was a bit of a B**tard to remove the cluster if you remember though George....never heard so much swearing in my car before!! :lol:

The face did just clip off pretty easily! Bulb is dimmer than the rest of the cluster lights!!....its a standard bulb, but the rest are LED's.....the reason being that blue LED's were stupidly expensive/difficult to make way back in the day our cars were built!!

Guess you have to live with a dim blue bulb.....I was just happy to have any sort of light from mine at all!!

My bulb does come on, but very very dimly, the MoT guy said he couldnt see anything - from what you've said replacing the bulb will not fix this? Is it expected to be very dim?

Well the bulb I put in for Dec was a secondhand one out of a mk2 golf cluster so no doubt its best days were behind it anyway. If you get a new bulb and also clean the blue cover it should improve things dramatically.

the dash comes out really easy, remember to adjust the steering wheeel to its lowest setting

once you've taken 1 dash out you can do it in 10 mins literally, the bulbs have coloured covers thats all so try swopping it with one of the others

gavins looms are superb,prob one of the best if not the best thing i've upgraded to

Arf, the light's fixed now. We disconnected the inner lights (2 on each side closest to the grill), and that seemed to give the warning light some current to feed off. So you dont have those specific lights atm, but it'll b gud enough 4 the mot