Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

Pete's G60 *updated 5th July 2005* new wheels

well just got it home yesterday. body is pretty tidy just a few carpark battle scars and stonechips. having a right fun time with the alarm atm (soon soert that out..) had a new front tyre today and going for full stainless on friday (£305 old one was blowing) everything is in good order but im guessing the filter needs a fuzzin good clean! anyway just a few taster pics till i have chance to really give her a clean!

*pics at bottom*

Nice, I like G60's in their original guise, esp. with those BBS'. Also think that that pearl green is the best green colour they did. Very nice! Looks really clean and well looked after from the pics. What are your plans for it? Keeping it OE or a few mods in the pipeline?

maybe new wheels, drill the airbox. for now its gonna get a damn good cleaning, specially the allys, them bbs' need some wheel acid (in my professional opinion as ex-valeter) looks a bit skanky atm. no kerbing though!

a good t-cut (or perhaps brasso) and another good day of waxing/polishing and it'll be where i want it.. just started effin raining now! only waxed it 30mins ago! argh

Couldn't agree more.. the pearl green brigade coming out of the woodwork here :D

If you want my advice Pete.. don't drill the airbox! If you want to experience a little more noise without actually messing up your airbox by drilling holes in it, you can remove the airbox snorkel (the big trumpet like thing that connects in the front middle) - whip that out and you'll get a lot more induction noise!

sounds like a good idea jim! need to pop round the corner to ABP Motorsport and se if they have any K&N filter cleaner/oil. then perhaps do some repairs to the front valance under the bumper has a couple of cracks :D

see how the filter sounds without that nasty snorkel ;)

oh one thing, i heard g60's cant have induction kits? is this true, somebody was telling me about the bosch multi-something stopping it

congrats PeteJ, on a smooth loooking motor, hopefully see you around Cheshire soon!

sounds like a good idea jim! need to pop round the corner to ABP Motorsport and se if they have any K&N filter cleaner/oil. then perhaps do some repairs to the front valance under the bumper has a couple of cracks :D

see how the filter sounds without that nasty snorkel ;)

oh one thing, i heard g60's cant have induction kits? is this true, somebody was telling me about the bosch multi-something stopping it

G60's can have induction kits but support for them is a bit of a mixed bag..

Some people really rate them for the noise etc, and others don't like them because of fears that they let more harmful dust particles into the charger, and they suck in warmer air and give you a minor performance drop - unless you give it lots of cold air and a heatshield!

But you can definately get some G60 induction kits - just DONT get a foam filter!!

yep, maybe we can get some kind of cheshire meet together Lippy, or a NW meet?

cheers jim, have to notify my insurance about a kit though.. where as if i just "forget" to attach a snorkel after cleaning.. well thats just a simple mistake aint it? ;)

Yep.. well.. you could have bought the car like that and as you can only really see that the snorkel is there when you remove the airbox, how would you really know it had been removed if you've never removed the airbox yourself? And its hardly like its a performance mod.. no noticable power gain at all.

snorkel removed, cleaning the filter tonight :D

some pics tomorrow of cleaner wheels and probably a filter cause im bored ;)

sounds alot sweeter, ticks over better too, filter must be fairly gunged up

saw rileys new lights and thought i'd take a stab at that!

bl_off.jpg

front_blights.jpg

bl_side.jpg

and of course i decided that my badges didnt look all that nice! so i sprayed the g60 badge peugeot diablo red ( a very sexy colour i must add) think it looks nice, still have to do the rear badges yet.

and my vw badge was stripped down to grey plastic so i gave it the once over with some alloy touchup spray!

bl_g60.jpg

big_vw.jpg

vw_b.jpg

both got 2 coats of paint and 2 of clear laquer. think it looks alot better but now it makes the grille look tacky! time for a new grille soon i thinks!

lemme know what you think guys, the modding bug has finally taken hold, next is some new led bits, wheels and finish them badges. forgot to add that nasty bumper damage is going to be rectified by a sexy rieger bumper :D

lemme know what ya'll think!

you got an uprated loom?? would have gone for a black VW badge myself..

looking good mate..

nope got a standard loom and standard bulbs. want some new bulbs but dunno what im doing with electrics so havent dared try the loom job

hoping to get a new grille soon anyhow, either latespec (black badge) or an fk.

Loom job isnt as hard as it sounds, plug & play LOL

late spec with Black badge would look cool.. Had one before I got the FK debadged one..

new rieger bumper just came woohoo! take some before after pics and get em uploaded soon as poss!

anybody know how to remove the rear badges? are the stuck on with the same stuff the rubbing strips are, if so just get the hair dryer on the job?

dad seems to think they are attached with glued pins at the back..

Corrado and VW roundel have pins behind 'em, the 16v/G60/supercharged/VR6 badge is just stuck on... 8)

here we go! one rieger front bumper ready to be fitted an sprayed next wed!

bumper.jpg

yay me! get some pics of the rear badges too, anyone know how difficult the vw roundel badge is to remove? only for spraying purposes (needs to be silver again!)

hope to get some more shots next wed/thur!

These bumpers are really growing on me... rear badge is easy to get off - open boot and feel round the back of the badge for the 2 locating pins... push on these from the inside while using a screwdriver or similar to pull free from the outside (cover blade with masking tape to stop it scratching your paint)

Be careful when refitting as it's easy to dent the rear pannel by pushing too hard - I found out the hard way (not that anyone would notice - it's one of those tiny dents that you'd never spot unless you look at exactly the right angle)

Good luck

Get a new VW roundel rear badge from the dealer, only about a tenner and looks better in chrome finish rather than sprayed silver mate.

Cheers and good luck with the car, looks great !

cheers guys! i dunno timmeh, im quite fond of my silver badge! now quite as shiny as it could be though i agree, but seeing as im going to be after a rieger/fk grille it doesnt bother me too much.

might have a go at the roundel tomorrow ooo im excited!

Hi Pete

Have you tried Awesome GTI [link] for modding bits? I'm a bit biased as the guy who runs it is a good mate, but they offer allsorts of tasty stuff and they have modded all my previous Audi/VW's. I'm entrusting my Corrado to them to do the 20v turbo conversion, suspension, etc... :D

Cheers