Heardy

Anyone fitted a toad AI606 to their Corrado?

I've just had one fitted to mine and there's a problem with the total closure,When the alarm is switched on the pulse isn't long enough to close the windows :( How can i sort it out so that it work's correctly at the moment it's set to 3.5 sec's and this is not enough to close the window's.As far as i know the guy that fitted it has wired it into the same place as where the Piranah alarm that was fitted before was connected.Is it just that the programing is not correct or what?

When i called him out to have another look at it he wired a relay in and said that the polarity was incorrect for the total closure :? .

If anyone hs got any wiring diagram's and info that could help ni would really appreciate it.

Cheers Jason

Ive got all the manuals (installer and customer) but there quite thick so id have to post them if needed. Let me know.

on mine i just have to hold down the small black button untill the windows close, but the alarm is only armed by pressing the big black one after (or on its own if the windows are already shut)

hth

i also have one on my rallye and it works fine.. so must be possible to set it up right...

Ill have a word with a mate of mine that fits Toads for a living and see what she says.

i downloaded the intallers manual from somewhere to if it`s of any help??

(btw i`ve got a dual microwave sensor that i bought for that alarm but couldn`t be bothered to fit if anyone`s interested??)

i downloaded the intallers manual from somewhere to if it`s of any help??

(btw i`ve got a dual microwave sensor that i bought for that alarm but couldn`t be bothered to fit if anyone`s interested??)

PM SENT

Currently, your 606 is wired up to lock the car using the 606's dedicated CL pulse. This works well for most cars as that is all the cars lock pulse is used for!

On the corrado it also activates the full closure - and as you've found out this takes longer than the longest lock pulse (you can have it either 0.5 secs for cars with electric operated locks or 3.5 secs for cars with vacuum locking).

If you want a longer pulse to close everything else, you need to set up one of the alarm's other timed arming outputs via the installer set-up procedure, then re-wire your car's locks to this other output wire.

Found all this out when I installed one on my '93 rado..... sodding thing kept leaving the passenger window half open! All sorted now though!

Only downside is there is a 1-2 second delay before this other lock pulse activates after arming the alarm.

yalan,

that sort of fits in with my dedicated button for full closure does it not! cool... i got something right!! :lol:

benji - yup it does sound right, but whoever installed yours wired it up to one of the instantaneous outputs so the full closure only happens when you're holding down the button.

Using the timed output means that the closure will happen automatically every time you alarm the car!

that makes sense!

my g/f had her C done at the same place with the same alarm and it worked the same except she had 10sec anti-hijack and her interior light came on with disarming the alarm!!!

i dunno!!!

but next time i get an alarm fitted i`m gonna make sure i know exactly all the features and what i want it to do!!!

(BTW my mate`s skyline and mitsi animal 4WD thingo have all singing - all dancing Clifford alarms fitted and have been no end of trouble for 2 an` a bit the price!!)

Currently, your 606 is wired up to lock the car using the 606's dedicated CL pulse. This works well for most cars as that is all the cars lock pulse is used for!

On the corrado it also activates the full closure - and as you've found out this takes longer than the longest lock pulse (you can have it either 0.5 secs for cars with electric operated locks or 3.5 secs for cars with vacuum locking).

If you want a longer pulse to close everything else, you need to set up one of the alarm's other timed arming outputs via the installer set-up procedure, then re-wire your car's locks to this other output wire.

Found all this out when I installed one on my '93 rado..... sodding thing kept leaving the passenger window half open! All sorted now though!

Only downside is there is a 1-2 second delay before this other lock pulse activates after arming the alarm.

Thank's Yalan i'll look into it.

Old thread! Anyone else have any advice on installing the ai606? Especially the wiring for the total closure. I have the t2 version