Sign in to follow this  
mishnishman

G60 Exhaust

Hi,

My G60 exhaust is blowing badly from the flexi joint between the manifold and the down pipe. VW tell me that I must buy a new downpipe complete at £220 + vat. My question is: can the flexi be bought sepparately and if not can anyone point me towards a cheaper supplier?

Thanks, Ian

Did they give you the part number? Was it 536 253 087A, if that's correct then the pipe only fits the corrado and no other VW.

There are often mk3 downpipes for cheap money on ebay but they may not fit.

It's a bad job to replace, the rear subframe needs to be dropped to get access.

The other consideration is buying a miltek big bore down pipe for a bit more power at about the same money.

I'd also get a second opinion in case it's just he manifold to down pipe gasket blowing. An awkward job but only about an hour to do.

Gavin

If your front pipe is blowing from a deffect in the flexi joint, then indeed replacement is the only cure. Sadly this is a relatively common fault on Corrado G60's and 2.0 16V, and given the age of our cars these pipe flexi joints have done pretty good service. I offer a Hi Flo upgraded front pipe for the G60 which makes a significant improvement on the performance of the OEM item, and furthermore it is made from high grade stainless steel and warrantied for life. My JMR Hi Flo Front Pipes are £220 inclusive of vat. Alternatively i have used standard front pipes, but if you are going to go through all the work to have the pipe replaced it would be the ideal moment to make a genuine improvement.

If your front pipe is blowing from a deffect in the flexi joint, then indeed replacement is the only cure. Sadly this is a relatively common fault on Corrado G60's and 2.0 16V, and given the age of our cars these pipe flexi joints have done pretty good service. I offer a Hi Flo upgraded front pipe for the G60 which makes a significant improvement on the performance of the OEM item, and furthermore it is made from high grade stainless steel and warrantied for life. My JMR Hi Flo Front Pipes are £220 inclusive of vat. Alternatively i have used standard front pipes, but if you are going to go through all the work to have the pipe replaced it would be the ideal moment to make a genuine improvement.

Could you price the used front pipe please and let me know your contact details. I am selling the car and would like to get it roadworthy as cheaply as possible.

Thanks, Ian

You can have a used G60 front pipe for £30 plus £12 p&p. To discuss details please contact me on 07974 020031