Sign in to follow this  
ZippyVR6

Very Basic G60 Questions

Im getting close to my first Rado and its gotta be a VR, as a friend had one years ago and I fell in love.

As I am nearing the crucial funds to get a nice one the inevitable pub chat has put me in a bit of a fix. I know a bit about the rado in general and can quote on the stats of the Vr but I know nothing about the G60. Can anyone help me out?

Engine size, Speeds. 0-60 etc but most importantly, just how does an intercooler work?

Cheers.

Firstly, Get a G60!!! only joking i dont think performance wise there is much between them once you have installed a smaller pulley on th supercharger (makes it spin fatser for more boost think bike gears) and a suitable chip in the engine management. the g60 is cheaper to tune generally and is considered to be a bit 'mental'! compared to the other models. its 0-60 times are a few hundreths of a second slower than the vr as its more torquey (the vr). its an 1800cc supercharged engine by the way, superchargers do need a rebuild at around 40,000 costing anything up to £500. the intercooler is like a radiator for air is cools it down as it it passes throughthus making it more dense and so more can fit in the cylinder to make big bang which makes big smile and in turn makes licence full of big points!! hope that gives you an idea basically i reckon that if you do a lot of miles then go for a vr but if like me its not an everyday car just a weapon for when you fancy a blast then a g60 fits the bill!