Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

got my c back from the bodyshop (pics)

finally took the c into the bodyshop this morning after being rear ended a few weeks ago

i then went home and waited for the courtesy car to be dropped off, the girl i spoke to at the hire company said i should be getting a new golf which i would have been quite pleased with, but what turned up on the back of the delivery truck .............. a brand new renault megane dci in what can only be described as snot green!!! :pukeright: :pukeright:

its bl**dy horrible apart from its obvious god awfull looks its embarrasingly slow(my caddy van wipes the floor with it ), terribly built, handles like crap, the power steering is totally numb and the brakes are so over servo'd the slightest touch almost sends you through the windscreen :shock: , i absolutely hate it and cant wait to get the c back,

its just made me realise even more how great a car the c actually is for its age 8)

needless to say i will be treating the hire car with the care it deserves :evil: :norty:

body shop phoned an hour ago its ready and i will be picking it up tomorrow 8) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

have been driving that pile-o-poo renault for a couple of days and the only possitive thing i can say about it is its economical :wink: managed 65mpg on the way to work this morning :shock: (its witchcraft i tell ye)

he has done a superb job on the bumper and rear panel and he has colour coded the number plate panel too 8)

the dent on the rear panel was only the size of a penny and he has done the whole rear panel and merged it into the rear quarters :D

just need to put the badges back on as he didnt want to put them on in the wrong place :)

do you think i should red tint the lights too?

anyone know any measurements for the badge spacing? :scratch: i have the supercharged and g60 badges

a couple of quick snaps (between rain showers)

looks great! reminds me of getting my old red valver sprayed, just wait til the first time you wash/wax it and get it out in the sun!

I'd go for fk/inpro smoked/red rear lights like i used to have and can be seen on ballys bum-end!

it was paid for by the insurance of the woman who drove into the back of me 8)

think it was about 400quid for paint and labour and 414quid plus vat for a brand new bumper

and the guy who runs the bodyshop knows my dad so he did the numberplate panel for free with the left over paint

the rest of the paint is original and coud do with cutting in a bit to be honest

oh he also gave me a tub full of carnuba wax polish to try out 8)

chrishill not too keen on the "blingyness" of inpro's really allthough they do look good i have tried to get rid of as much chrome as possible