Sign in to follow this  
Rollyrob

Late model Indicator stalks can they be fitted to a 1991 G60

Was wondering if anyone knew if the later modle C's indicator and wiper stalks would fit on my 1991 G60.

Also does anyone know where i can get hold of some late type speedo pins the orange type

Woody has fitted the later stalks, might be worth dropping him a pm, think he had to change the hazard light switch too

Yeah.. in short its a simply swap over, plug and play jobbie :)

As Andy says, you do need the later hazard light switch too cause its a lot bigger :)

Ive got late spec ones on my '90 Valver, I didnt change them but from what i can see you need to change the hazard button as andy665 says. Ive also got the cruse control buttons but i dont know if that came with all late spec cars.

I actually just did it yesterday! You need the plastic surround from the later stalks and the hazzard light (its a part of the later stalks) as well. Everything just swaps right over same plugs and everything. Super easy swap if you could get a hold of a set.

I will post some pictures up this weekend of them and my new roll cage after its installed. =]

I think Bally has them on his too.

Yeap I do.. & with the early hazard switch :wink:

You don't need to fit the later surround when you fit the late stalks to an early car.

I know you at least need the top piece because the hazard light is much larger on the late stalks. I know the part number differs on the bottom cover on the late stalks from the early ones. I just used the late top and bottom piece and the late stalks. Everything worked out fine.

on the other question, the needles do indeed just swap over too, but I've yet to find anywhere which sells just the needles, so you'll probably end up having to butcher a set of late clocks to get the needles... Dunno if any other VWs used similar needles that could be used though... probably worth checking your local scrap yard for anything similar... 8)

click the link below and have alook at picys.. Did i kinda how to

The later stalks i have came out of a golf. The only difference with these are that the MFA cable is not as long and it required me to splice into and then heatshrink up the old cable (only four cables colour to colour). I had to buy the surround from Mr Steeler which comes in three parts. 1 hour job to do the whole thing. Golf bits should be easier to get then C bits.