Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

Supersprint manifold vs Milltek Hi Flo downpipe and porting

I've gone to http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk as suggested by Andycowuk. They are about £304 with £17.50 odd for delivery. Part number to look for is 885901 (I think)...

Btw Chris - when you were getting your supersprint system, assuming its a G60 one and not VR6 you went for, did you get the 91 or 92 version of the pipes? Your car is the same year as mine and I wasn't sure when asked... You can have a look at what theyve got here: http://www.supersprint.com/a_prodotti.a ... llo=vwcor1

the supersprint system was already on my car when I bought it... however looking at it, it looks like the early system with hook type hangers. Theres a nice thread here that shows the difference between the two :)

Shouldn't there be some flex in the exhaust system? It's hanging by rubber hangers, right?

Sollid front motor mounts sounds like a good way to get some unpleasant vibrations.

/Carl

Actually there is no more vibration when fitting a solid front engine mount. The front engine mount bolts to the cross member that is in turn attached to the subframe using rubber mounts. As long tas they are in good condition there is no extra vibrations.

I have a solid front engine mount fitted and is such an improvement!!!