Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Rusting rear quarter- advice please

Hi

Made a bit of a bit of a silly mistake last year when I let some dent removal guy drill a small 3mm hole into the skin of the rear quarter to get a dent out above the petrol filler cap. Anway forgot to seal it and now getting bubbling just on very inner of the wheel arch.

My guess is water has flicked up into the hole and run down the inside of the rear quarter :x :( Its more of a stinker cos the rear quarter it was replaced about a year ago- anyway my godfather owns a top notch classic car restoration bodyshop so its gonna get put right- just after any advice from people on what do to get it put right?? especially in making sure the inner of the rear quarter is dry and treated before we seal the hole back up??

Cheers

Its probably more to do with the fact that the rear 1/4 has been replaced as a bodyshop fitted one will never be as well sealed as a production line one.

All i can suggest is once its dry to absolutely flood it with waxoyl until it comes out of the seams to prevent further water ingress