Sign in to follow this  
LarryDuff

VR6 Prices

There seem to be quite a few VR's on places like Autotrade for pretty strong money (anything up to £6,500 for one with 124k on the clock) Are these prices realistic, i wonder if these are being sold for anywhere near asking price?

Makes me tempted to put mine up for sale :(

Guess if there are a lot of cars at that sort of price, prospective buyers will have to pay it. VR's really seem to be on the up at the mo' whereas valvers in particular are dropping in value.

Will be selling mine in the next couple of weeks for around £3k.

Guess if there are a lot of cars at that sort of price, prospective buyers will have to pay it. VR's really seem to be on the up at the mo' whereas valvers in particular are dropping in value.

Will be selling mine in the next couple of weeks for around £3k.

why u selling yours?! £3k is cheap for a vr

My mate has just picked up a clean 110k 1993 Corrado VR for two grand. Some people need cash quickly and some can hang on. I guess that dictates the price to some extent.

Nikki, going to get an Octavia vRS estate. Really feel like it's time to get a new/nearly new car. Plus it's more practical. Would like to keep the C as a weekend toy, but can't afford it.

Think £3K is realistic. It's in good condition, but has covered 208k miles, although the engine has only covered 70k.

thing is there is often a big difference in the quality and finish of the cars for sale.

mine sold for £6500 but was near perfect and had a schrick.

Others you see for sale that say 'great condition' but that are priced at only £3k are actually dogs when you get close (not all but most of them) i know as i saw quite a few dogs in my search for a nice one!

Just price it at what you think it is worth and if your not in a rush to sell....hold out for that price... there is ALWAYS someone who will pay what your asking.

thing is there is often a big difference in the quality and finish of the cars for sale.

£3k are actually dogs when you get close (not all but most of them) i know as i saw quite a few dogs in my search for a nice one!

Just price it at what you think it is worth and if your not in a rush to sell....hold out for that price... there is ALWAYS someone who will pay what your asking.

Good advice Nathan mate and yeah, on the few occasions I looked at VR6s for people last year, they were all over-priced heaps of sh1t.

I could tell without even driving them. The neglect and obvious body repairs on 6K cars was shocking.

It's always good looking at these heaps though as it makes you appreciate your own even more.

trouble is...when the people with a genuinely nice, well looked after corrado see the heaps of shite selling at good money... naturally they put the prices up on their cars.... i wouldnt be suprised if mint corrados were back up around the £10k mark in 2 or 3 years time.

i originally wanted a mint mk2 golf gti 16valve but rocking horse s**t springs to mind.

i picked up a vgc 2 litre 16 valver for a fair price and i am pretty happy with it.

the vr6's seem to be demanding silly money.

Sad to say mine's gonna go up for sale - wouldn't want to say it's perfect but it's pretty good really. I reckon £4.5k would be a fair price, but who knows?

LarryDuff, there won't be any C's left in the Canterbury area soon :(

What are you replacing it with?

Not too sure yet, am in no rush as a car's not essential, so i'll sell the C and then get something else.

Am thinking along the lines of a Ibiza or Leon Cupra. Not driven either, but have heard the Ibiza's more fun. What you getting when yours is gone Andy?

Octavia vRS estate. Been doing some research, and some dealers are offering them for well under £13K brand new :shock:

Is that the diesel one? Ibiza Cupra pre-registered late 2004 for 13.5k, and that's the 180bhp as well. Thought that sounds quite good.

As Jim says it's the 1.8T Sports model. 180bhp and 170lb/ft, 0-60mph in 7.9. Highly tuneable. £500 will give you 220-230 bhp and make it faster than a standard VR :twisted:

As Jim says it's the 1.8T Sports model. 180bhp and 170lb/ft, 0-60mph in 7.9. Highly tuneable. £500 will give you 220-230 bhp and make it faster than a standard VR :twisted:

That's what some people assume but it's not the case. My mate's 225 Cupra R keeps up with my VR6 (now back to standard) and I keep up with him. Neither is faster. To acheive what I'd class as a wasting, you'd need 260-270bhp to see off a VR with ease.

When mine was schricked etc, it pulled away gradually from 3rd gear onwards.

Don't get me wrong, the 1.8T is a highly tunable engine but don't think that once it's chipped to around 220, you can then go and beat everything on the road, cause you'll get humiliated.

yeah the 1.8T has the single intercooler and the KK03 turbo and can easily be chipped to 220bhp but as kev says it will only just match the VR6

The S3 engine (and the ibiza cupra and the TT225) have twin intercoolers and the KK04 turbo and can be chipped up to 265bhp. Thats when you start to notice a difference

to get the vRS up to that power you would need the KK04 turbo and probably a FMIC aswell.

still a nice car though

aye, with Kev here... it's the TORQUE available through the rev range that's critical as to whether the VR6 gets beaten or not... The VR6 has bags of torque from reasonably low down in the rev range thanks to it's 2.9 capacity... a 1.8T is never going to give the same torque characteristics without either having some serious turbo lag, a capacity increase or a silly BHP figure...

J-DUB gave a few much higher BHP cars one hell of a scare (and some serious wastings too!) due to the torque being silly from Wayyyy low down in the rev range meaning that I didn't have to be at high revs all the time and screaming the engine to get any more pull, you just floored it and off she went... ;)

Know what you're saying- there really isn't much between cars of around 180bhp-230bhp.I'm not expecting it to beat the VR 'with ease'.

I would totally expect a chipped vRS to be slightly faster though. Have spoken to a guy on Briskoda who has basically made the transition I will be making. He said in standard form the VR was defo the quicker car. However after having turbo back exhaust, CAI and Jabba remap on the vRS, the vRS was slightly faster. More BHP per tonne, and more torque. After remaps people regularly get quarter mile times of 14-15 secs which is faster than the standard VR's 15+.